- How do I update my call list?
- How do I change my password?
- I am planning to move. What do I do?
- Do I receive something for referring a friend?
- How do I cancel my account?
- Can I pay my bill over the phone?
- Can I pay my bill online?
- What do I do when my keypad says “low system battery”?
- How do I silence low battery alerts?
- What should I do if a door or window sensor falls off?
- How do I silence the alarm?
- How do I reset my keypad?
- How do I arm my alarm for when I am leaving?
- How do I arm my alarm for when I am staying at home?
- Do you require a landline phone for security system monitoring?
- Will my alarm work with VoIP phone service?
- Can I get the added functionality done in phases if I can’t afford doing it all now?
- Will my insurance company give me a discount if I have a security system?
- Will Security Alarm monitor a security system I’ve installed myself?
- Can you activate and monitor the ADT security system that was previously installed in my house?
- Can I use my smartphone to control my security system?
- Can I use my smartphone to view live or recorded video of what happens in my home?
How do I update my call list?
To update, contact our office at 800-252-7621. Before calling, have a list prepared of the names and phone numbers to be added or removed.
How do I change my password?
Contact our office at 800-252-7621 or contact us online for any changes to your account.
I am planning to move. What do I do?
Contact our office at 800-252-7621. We will walk you through the correct steps and share with you ways you can earn some extra dollars when moving.
Do I receive something for referring a friend?
If you refer a friend and they purchase a system from us, you are eligible to receive either $50 or 3 months of free monitoring. (You must notify us of this referral.)
How do I cancel my account?
Please contact us at 800-252-7621 in order to cancel your account.
What do I do when my keypad says “low system battery”?
This message signals that the large back-up battery inside the control panel needs to be changed. There are three options for changing the battery.
1) We can come out and replace the battery for you.
2) We can drop ship you the battery for $45
3) You can come to the office and pick it up for $35. Please contact us at 800- 252-7621.
How do I silence low battery alerts?
In case of a power outage or if a battery fails to recharge, most systems will begin beeping or chirping. Low battery trouble beeps can usually be silenced by punching in your 4-digit code and pressing“OFF”. Refer to your system manual for specific instructions. Or contact us at 800-252-7621.
What should I do if a door or window sensor falls off?
If a door or window contact becomes dislodged, you can set the system to bypass the zone in which that contact is located, allowing you to keep the system armed. Please refer to your user manual for specific instructions or contact us at 800-252-7621.
How do I arm my alarm for when I am staying at home?
When you are staying at home but would like to arm the perimeter of the house, punch in your 4-digit code and press “STAY” or “INSTANT”. This will allow you to freely roam around your home but will alert you if a door or window is tampered with.
Do you require a landline phone for security system monitoring?+
We no longer require a phone line for security systems. It is still an option; however, most customers are now choosing monitoring that occurs through the cell tower and via the internet. This eliminates the need for phone lines.
Will my alarm work with VoIP phone service?
Security systems do not properly communicate over VOIP Phone Lines. A telephone line must be a standard POTTS line for a security system to function properly. Other alternatives such as cellular and internet communicators are now available.
Can I get the added functionality done in phases if I can’t afford doing it all now?
If you can’t afford the “ideal” system right now, you can start small and expand it later on. Every security system we install has the ability to have additional features or devices added at anytime.
Will my insurance company give me a discount if I have a security system?
While all insurance companies vary, most companies offer a 5% – 15% for a “monitored” home security system. Contact us at 800-252-7621 and we can create a document for you to give to your insurance agency.
Will Security Alarm monitor a security system I’ve installed myself?
Security Alarm can monitor a “self” installed alarm system depending on the situation. Contact us at 800-252-7621 for more information.
Can you activate and monitor the ADT security system that was previously installed in my house?
Yes! We can generally re-program an existing ADT, Brinks, Vivint, Protection 1, or other previously installed security systems as long we can obtain the master / installers code to the security system. We offer a Free Changeover / Inspection of your security system with a (1) year commitment to our monitoring services. Basic monitoring starts at $22.75/month.
Can I use my smartphone to control my security system?
Yes, new technology gives you the ability to control your alarm system and other home appliances. Find out more.
Can I use my smartphone to view live or recorded video of what happens in my home?
Yes, you can use your Smartphone, iPad or the computer to view live or recorded images from your home. For more information, check out our Smartphone page.
For a commercial business a service call is $125 per hour.
For residential a service call is $95 per hour.
What are my pricing options?
Click here for more about pricing options.